Step by step Process about how to migrate your shopify web store from one hosting to other without disturbing the customer experience.
There might be a situation, where you will need to close your existing web hosting provider and move to a new web hosting provider. Of course, Shopify is cloud hosted, so none of the files or assets are hosted in your web hosting provider server,
but you will still need to update the DNS records at your domain registrar panel and your web hosting provider to make sure, the domain name servers are pointing to your new web hosting provider IP.
The very first step is to create the A record and CNAME record in your new web hosting provider as stated below and then change the name servers in your domain registrar.
So, the domain will resolve to your new web host and it will redirect it to the shopify cloud hosted store via shopify IP A record.
- Log in to the account that you have with your third-party domain provider.
- Find your DNS settings, domain management area, DNS configuration, or similar.
- Edit your A record to point to Shopify’s IP address
- The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs or editable fields,
- or you might have to check boxes or edit a table. You need to complete the following steps:
- In the Type or Record Type field, enter or choose the @ symbol, or A record.
- In the Points to field, enter Shopify’s IP address
22.214.171.124as the destination for the A record.
- Save the A Record by clicking Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar.
- Change your
wwwCNAME record to point to
- Enter or choose the
wwwprefix. Often, you need to provide just the
wwwprefix without the dot, but some domain providers need the whole subdomain
www.. Use the existing entries as a guide, or follow your provider’s instructions.
shops.myshopify.comas the destination for the CNAME record. CNAME records must always point to a domain name, never to an IP address.
- Enter or choose the
- Save the CNAME Record by clicking Save, Save Zone File, Add record, or similar.
If you still confused about the process and looking for shopify migration experts, contact us now for a quote.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.