Dubai is one of the best places to live, work, as well as to invest! If you are a resident or a non-resident, the banking system in Dubai is very flexible and accommodates both types to open an account in Dubai. This should explain how you can open a bank account in Dubai, UAE.
Bank Account for Non-Residents:
An individual can open a bank account in Dubai even if he/she doesn’t live here. However, they are only allowed to open a savings account, with no cheque book. They will get a debit card to withdraw money from the account. They will also be subjected to maintaining minimum and maximum bank balance.
- It is mandatory that the applicant is present in Dubai/UAE at the time of opening the account
- Passport copy with UAE entry visa page
- Applicant Profile
- The original bank reference letter from the bank of the applicant, either from their country of origin or anywhere else in the world (this requirement is according to specific bank regulations and can differ from bank to bank)
- Original bank reference letter from the personal / company bank account of the applicant from the country of origin or anywhere in the world (requirement varies bank to bank . mentioned document is advisable)
- Original latest six months personal bank statement from the applicant’s country of origin or anywhere in the world. (If applicant have only company account /or owner of the company outside or inside UAE, then latest six-month bank statement and also provide the Legal documents from the company proofing his ownership or share)
- Most of the banks in Dubai / UAE requires a monthly average balance to open non -resident personal account in Dubai / UAE and it varies depends on the bank to bank.
To open a corporate account in Dubai, following are the documents you need:
- Copy of trade license
- Copy of MOA/AOA
- Copy of share certificate
- Copy of Incorporation Certificate
- Copy of passport with UAE entry stamp page of shareholders
- Copy of Emirates ID of shareholders (if the shareholders having UAE residency)
- Copy of Visa page of shareholders (if the shareholders having UAE residency)
- List few prospective clients / or existing clients (suppliers/ buyers)
- Copy of last 6 months bank statement of the shareholders
- Copy of utility bill of the shareholders showing the proof of address
- Copy of corporate legal documents and bank statements ( if the shareholder having company outside UAE)
As for residents in Dubai, you can open a personal banking account easily, savings or current. The basic documents required are as follows:
- Emirates ID
- Original Passport with Copy with UAE visa stamped
- Salary Certificate
- Labor Contract Copy
- No Objection Letter from sponsor
- Statement of account about the last salary
- Consolidate letter
- A recent utility payment receipt or signed rental contract to confirm your address
- A letter of recommendation from another bank, like the one you use in your home country
It is a fairly easy process and the banks in the country are very strict but have various options for both residents and non-residents. Opening a bank account in Dubai will help you apply for a mortgage, other financing options as well as ease your investment process.